Round 4 Review


In what is always a highly anticipated match the Terriers welcomed grand final winners to Edsacc over the weekend. The Terriers after some good early season form and coming off a draw with one of the favourites to win the competition last week Berkley Vale, started the game on the front foot. After some nice play from a corner the ball landed at the feet of fullback Harry fountain who found himself in the box, saw him put his foot through the ball to open the scoring for the Terriers.

The Terriers wouldn’t stop there as they continued to press high and create chances against a resilient Terrigal defence. The Terriers would get their reward though again shortly after, as last weeks goal scorer Tim Knight turned provider, slipping a ball through to the oncoming Andy Klijn who took a touch and slotted it past the goalkeeper to double the score.

That is where the scoring would stop though with Terriers putting in a resilient defensive effort of their own to keep their second clean sheet of the season as well as recording their second win of the season and keeping their unbeaten streak to the start of the new campaign.

Reserve grade bounced back and managed to get back into the winner’s circle with three first half goals enough to see them over the line. It didn’t take long for striker Cameron Browne to pounce on a loose ball in the box that fell to him after the initial shot had been saved to put the Terriers in front. And the scoring didn’t stop there as the boys continued on the front foot some nice link up play between Nathan Baxter and Seth Hedley saw the ball cut back to Kyle Graham who struck the ball from 25 yards out into the bottom corner to double the lead. It was then a nice ball over the top from Jett Gale that found an onrushing Isaac Broomfield who took a touch past his defender to leave himself faced against the goalkeeper and unselfishly squared it to Cory Driene who bagged the Terriers third for the afternoon.

The Terriers were put under some pressure in the second half though as Terrigal managed to score two goals of their own, but in the end, it would prove too big of a task for them as the Terriers held on and defended resiliently to come out victors.

It was another unfortunate result for the u21s again this week as they continue to look for their first win of the season. After going behind early the young Terriers fought to try and find a way back into the game, creating some half chances but were unable to finish any off, with Terrigal capitalising twice more within the game to see it finish 3-0 to the away side.


U21s: 0-3

Reserve Grade: 3-2 (Crowne, Graham, Driene)

First Grade: 2:0 (Fountain, Klijn)

Share this post