After the passing of Life Member Peter Beaver early in the week, our squads took part in the remembrance of him and his legacy and celebrated his life with a big day on Sunday, picking up a win in our first grade clash.

After controlling the early stages of the game with the ball and creating some good opportunities that they were unable to capitalise, it was once again the Terriers veteran Tim Knight who would be in the right place at the right time to give the Terriers the advantage. The terriers then continued the front foot doubling their lead only moments later thanks to a strike from striker Andy Klijn. Andy Klijn would then grab his brace just before the half time mark after pouncing on a ball over the top rounding the oncoming Kanwal goalkeeper and finishing it off to see the Terriers take a 3-0 lead into the break.

After the break the saw the game battled within the midfield region with both teams creating few chances, but it was Kanwal who managed to get the first goal after the break to reduce the margin to, two. But the Terriers shortly followed suite and had themselves a penalty after Tim Knight was dragged down in the box. It would be central defender Adam Smith who would take the responsibility to step up and he did just that slotting the ball off the post and into the net to make it 4-1. This is how the game would finish as the Terriers continue their unbeaten streak.

Our reserve grade boys also continued with their strong starts to games jumping out to a 2 goal lead thanks to a penalty from Seth Hedley followed up by a nice finish by Lachlan Mackett after some great build up play. Kanwal managed to get a goal back just before half time to cut the lead in half going into the break. The terriers came out on the front foot again, winning another penalty which was once again converted calmly from the spot by Seth Hedley to get his second of the day. Kanwal would once again grab a goal back, before getting their equalisers with only 10 minutes left to play. But in typical Terrier fashion the boys rallied together and pushed forward and got their reward after the ball found itself at the feet of Aaron Browning, who put his foot through it finding the back of the net to put the terriers back in front 4-3 with only 2 mins left to play and give the terriers the 3 points to continue their run of wins.

Much like Reserve grade the u21s got off to a fantastic start thanks to a brace from Noah Hamilton in the first 10 minutes, but the lead would be halved midway through the first half thanks to a well struck free kick. Kanwal would then be given a controversial penalty but up stepped Cooper Hetherington standing tall to save and keeping the score at 2-1 going into half time. It didn’t take Kanwal long after the restart converting a header from another freekick to level the scores. But the excitement not stopping there, another controversial penalty was given to Kanwal but once again Cooper Hetherington stood up making himself the hero saving a second penalty to keep the scores locked. Both teams would go back and forth creating good chances to win the game, but in the end, it would finish all square with both teams taking a point.


u21’s 2-2 (Hamilton x2)

Reserve grade (S. Hedley x2, Mackett, Browning)

First Grade (Knight, Klijn x2, Smith)

Share this post