The terriers didn’t take long to warm into the game as a beautifully weighted found attacker Tim Knight who found himself face to face with the Wyoming keeper and keeping his cool managed to slot the ball home and bring up his 100th goal in the men’s premier league competition, making him the first ever person to reach the milestone. It didn’t take long again with the terriers doubling their lead just 4 mins later after a wonderful ball into the box from Harry Fountain, was met by the head of an oncoming Ethan Hall who finished it off.

It would be Ethan Hall again who would extend the lead for the terriers inside the opening 10 minutes of the second half, after receiving the ball and beating a couple of players the winger decided to put his foot through it from 25 yards out, giving the Wyoming goalkeeper no chance of stopping it. Once again, the Terriers continued to advance forward down the right-hand side, finding success from a wonderful ball put across the face of the goal which was met by an oncoming Wyoming defender leaving him to score in his own goal.

The Terriers continued to create chances and this time it would be the milestone man Tim Knight who would turn provider, with his in-swinging corner finding the head of Will Hamilton. The scoring would then be rounded off thanks substitute Declan Ackerley who found himself in the right spot at the right time to guide the ball over the line to pick up his first, first grade goal to make it six for the Terriers.

It was much of the same story once again for the U21s starting the game enthusiastically and they were rewarded inside the first 2mins of the game after midfielder Bailey Van-Kints, found himself driving into the box and beating two players on his way before being brought down to win his side a penalty. Up stepped Alex Brown who stayed composed finding the back of the net. The Terriers would double their lead moments after, when striker Chase Huxtable would find himself through on goal before blasting the ball into the bottom corner. The Terriers would control a lot of possession and were once again rewarded for the efforts after a clearance was met by Mitch Wallace who instinctively hit the ball on the volley finding the back of the net from 25yards which, will go down as one of the goals of the season. Wyoming would manage to pounce on a lack of concentration by the Terriers in the late stages of the half to get a goal back and go into the break with a bit of confidence.

The Terriers once again like the first half controlled most of the possession and created multiple chances that they couldn’t convert, but their fourth of the day did come through the provider of the first goal Bailey Van-Kints who once again found himself driving the Wyoming Defence before unleashing a dipping strike from 20 yards finding the top corner. Wyoming would once again grab another goal back to half the deficit in the later stages of the game, but it wouldn’t be enough as the Terriers held on to become 4-2 winners.

U21s – 4-2 (Brown, Huxtable, Wallace, Van-Kints)

Reserve Grade – POSTPONED

First Grade – 6-0 (Knight, Hall x2, O.G, Hamilton, Ackerley)

Share this post